Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quest

It feels like forever, a lifetime.. my own to be accurate
I have been searching. Searching for a time and a place.
Perhaps an undefined place and a perfectly still moment
that is ephemeral, abstract, transcendental, unreal
yet full of potential of bursting into concrete existence.

A tiny hole in the fabric of the universe that is modeled after me.
It has been the target of my quest, of the eternal crusade
against norm and normalcy, boredom and humdrum.
The sobering, prosaic tales of happiness and complacency.
Contentment, peace and serenity.. what in the hell do they mean?

How does one find that place? Perchance, I am already there?
How do I know? What is that supposed feel like? Does anybody know?
Is that happiness I see in the smiles or a non-questioning conformity?
Is a smaller world much better a choice? Unchallenged bliss?
One size fits all! Now, why do I fail to imagine that?

After all, it is feasible that I am the one that has not learned.
Others have already passed through this and I am still here ..
lost in the ways of the world and its monotonous mysteries.
An adolescent revolutionary with a childlike wonder and full of questions.
Is it time for me to grow up? Please tell me, 'No'. Cuz I really don't wanna!!

No comments: